Medigap plans, the complete solution of US government’s health insurance plans, have some rules. Before you purchase any Medicare supplement plans you must compare among all plans. It is a clever thing to do.
The basic comparisons among all Medigap plans:
|Medigap facilities||Name of the Medigap plans that have those facilities|
|Coinsurance and hospital care part A coverage||Available in all Medigap plans|
|Hospice care in part A and also coinsurance or copayments||Available in all Medigap plans but plan K and L is modified.|
|Coinsurance or copayments Part B coverage||Applicable in A to N butNot cover fully in plan K & L|
|First three pints of blood||Same as above|
|Medicare Part A deductible||B, C, D, F, G, K*, L*, M, N|
|Medicare Part B deductible||C, F|
|Part B excess charges||F, G|
|Skilled Nurse Facility||C, D, F, G, K*, L*, M, N|
|Foreign travel emergency care||C, D, F, G, M, N|
K* = 50% and L* = 70%
Now you know what insurance policy covers all gaps in your original health care plans.
What should you do before buying Medicare supplement plans? Go to https://www.bestmedicaresupplementplans2019.com/
About 40 states of the USA offer all ten Medigap plans. So these are some Do’s that you need to focus –
- Compare all Medigap plans carefully and check your requirements that you need to cover additionally.
- Check your state insurance policies. Sometimes not all Medigap plan offered by states. Apart from that, some states have extra additional and unique benefits for their people.
- Choose a reliable insurance company. Sometimes private insurance companies offer discounts if you many family members buy an insurance policy from the same company.
- Check which company offers the most unique deals.
- Must apply for Medicare plan part A and B.
- Enroll your name for Medicare supplement plans during the open enrollment session.
- Check your monthly premium amount that needs to payable. Every state has a different premium range for different policies.
What shouldn’t you do?
- Don’t go to the doctors and hospitals that don’t accept Medicare supplement plans.
- Don’t choose the plans that you don’t need. (E.g. if you are not a travel person, you don’t need to buy plans that offer Foreign travel emergency care).
- Don’t cross the time period of open enrolment session. If you cross it you might have to face some medical inquiries.
- Don’t stop paying the premium. Because as long as you pay your plan will go.
- Don’t buy if you are still under employer health coverage at 65.